There is no right way to prioritize your tasks or how to get your stuff done, only ways that are right for you.
Here are a few ways to try that may work for you:
- 6 Steps To Better Time Management – I list steps I’ve taken to use my time better.
- How I Prioritize My Tasks – A few ways that help me to get through my task list, including my favorite, the Eisenhower Matrix!
- The Pomodoro Technique – Work in 25 minute distraction-free chunks to get tasks done.
- Getting Things Done Methodology – 5 steps to GTD
- Write down your top 3-5 priorities. Look at the next three months in your calendar. Note how much time you have allocated towards those priorities. Are you scheduling time to work on your priorities? If not, that’s a good place to start.
- Schedule time for reflection – Did you just finish a goal, spend some time reflecting on what went right and what could have been done better. Celebrate your win!
- Schedule time for planning – Having planning time in your calendar allows you to think about future goals so you don’t get lost in the day to day bustle. Don’t find yourself busily working on whatever comes up, make sure you have a destination in mind.